Drowning in a Sea of French

I started a French class last week.  It's a fast course, and when they say fast, they mean fast.  I have about 8 hours at school then come home (during rush hour traffic) to do homework and extra study.  We have learned a lot.  I could have a conversation with someone after only 4 days of class, that is if I could retain all of the information being taught.  Apparently I'm not a fast learner.  I need the extra study, and then some more.  I'm trying to decide if it's worth it, missing two months of my kids lives, because that's what I feel like I'll be doing.  Maybe there's a slow course for a couple of hours a day.  That I could handle.  But for now, I'm on the fast track.  Wish me luck.  I need it.

Comments

Krista said…
I really wished I'd taken some Spanish before we went to Mexico. I got to where I was understanding quite a bit, but I could never really have a conversation (except with a lot of pantomining or help from an English speaker).
Hang in there - you might not remember it all, but I'll bet that bits and pieces come back to you once you're in Belgium. Good Luck!
I loved Brussels. Wich I could have spent more time there. Make sure you find the Pee Pee boy statue (it was smaller than I expected and tucked into a corner). I understand that they dress him up for special occasions. You will have to let me know if that is true(send pictures). Congrats on the first assignment

Popular posts from this blog

Springtime with Grandma L.

Temple Trip