A Very Merry Christmas

Christmas was a bit different for us.  We didn't go cut down a tree, we were missing  Christmas decorations and stockings, no piano to sing carols along with, no Christmas story books, only one or 2 ultra lame gifts for the kids from their awesome parents, and last but not least a very big lack of friends and family around.  I was feeling a little blue right before Christmas, actually right up to Christmas day.  Santa did show up and filled one hat and two boot liners with candy and even went as far as to leave a gift.  It was a great morning, although sparse in the gift department.  Then we went to a friends house for dinner.  They picked us up in the afternoon and while dinner was cooking we had time to go sledding in the woods by their house and enjoy the rest of the day and evening together.  What made it especially perfect is their 13 year old daughter, 10 year old daughter and 5 year old son.  Everyone gets along so well the party is still going on.  The last 2 nights have been sleepovers at both houses, 13 year olds at one house, loud kids at the other.  Although we miss our family and friends terribly, it is nice to make some new ones here.  And while I was so worried about the different Christmas we were going to have, I know it will be remembered by at least one of my children as one of the best.



Comments

I am glad to hear Christmas was not a total bust. We miss you!
Shana Hamblin said…
WOW! I think that is a miracle right there! You found a family with the right age kids and boy and girls! I am so happy for your family. I hope you find your camera cable soon. I need pictures!
Krista said…
I hadn't read any blogs in a while, so I enjoyed reading all your December posts. I can really relate to not being able to speak the language. I usually just copped out and told people I didn't speak Spanish because what little I knew wasn't that helpful. Or I got Elena to help me.
I'm glad you guys are making friends. Will the kids be at the same school as their new friends?
Darcy said…
I'm so relieved that you have made friends with kids the same age. You are blessed!

Popular posts from this blog

Springtime with Grandma L.

Temple Trip