And then there was one

Ryan and I are not real animal lovers.  This is a new thing since becoming parents.  As a child I wanted, and had, many pets that I loved.  After moving my kids across the world, in a moment of weakness, I relented to the pleadings of the young ones and we became pet owners.  More specifically, we adopted two baby bunnies.  One was nice and friendly, the other, not so much.  I lost the friendly one.  (Actually I think it was snatched up by a hawk, but I'm not supposed to mention that).  The other one I have renamed Rascal.  I wanted to call him "You're lucky we're not eating you for dinner tonight", but that is a little too long and the kids like that name even less than "Rascal".
While he may look harmless, the minute you turn your back he is sneaking off for a snack.  His favorite thing to eat changes daily but he seems to prefer electrical cords, paper and cardboard.  He can chew through a book in record time.  He also enjoys an occasional shirt or some bedding for his "fabric fix".  He is very fast and will not let anyone hold him and now runs up and down the stairs when he gets a chance, hoping no one will notice so he can destroy our things in peace. And I thought a dog would be too much trouble.  Once Ryan's tools arrive I'm hoping he will build a bigger, secure cage so we can keep Rascal outside.  We could both use some fresh air.

Comments

Unknown said…
Love your writting. Rascal is adorable but outside is my vote. Sorry kids. Grandma L
I laugh everytime I read your blog. Thanks for the giggle. I vote for your "long" name. We have a cat, HIS name (we didn't realize he was a boy when naming him) is Cleo, but Shawn calls him FoodStorage. I'm okay with that.
Anonymous said…
Your right he does look harmless. I'm not a huge animal lover either but who can resist that cute face. Makes me want to jump through the computer to pet him. Miss you guys can't wait to see you in July.
I read this this morning and thought of your post. Hope you get a laugh out of it.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2011/04/23/easter-sunday-chocolate-bunny-vs-easter-bunny-whos-gonna/?test=faces

Popular posts from this blog

Springtime with Grandma L.

Temple Trip